You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘petersham’ tag.

A corded ribbon used for stiffening clothes or hats. Named for Lord Petersham (1790–1851), English army officer, a Regency period fashionista.

Using the site

Use the Search box below to look for a specific word. Use the A-Z tab to browse pages of words.
Follow Tweetionary: An Etymology Dictionary on